Monday, August 31, 2009

Seraphim Bases WIP

Ok so i know this isn't much, but i've been working on the custom bases for my Seraphim Squads. I say Squads because i have enough minis to almost max out two squads. I already have two different color schemes in mind. White and Red like my Celestian Squad and Blue and Silver for the 2nd squad to match my old SoBs.

So the bases are inspired by the rubble and wreckage of war. i wanted the Sisters to be suspended but look like they belong on the battle field. I thought about repeating the cotton/smoke effect from the jump packs i did 10 years ago but i just wasn't feeling it. So with a little help from Jason we are on our way to have a ton of killer bases.

These are made from Bits of Styrene, tiled styrene for the base, some copper rod along with some cast up ruins from Hirst Arts, and the stone wall is Magic Sculpt. I still need to pin some of the pieces together and to the bases so they don't fall over and break. I can't wait to add the Sisters to them and get them painted, they are gonna look awesome.



I've been crazy busy with my business so my Sisters have been slow going, but there will be more soon.

8 comments:

  1. Those custom bases look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work - the use of oddly angled Hirst Arts bits is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls are going to look great leaping over that lot.

    Looking forward to a finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some pretty sweet bases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! i hope they will be just as killer when they are painted. i can't wait to make some more. I have bits coming in the mail and more Hirst pieces to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are quite nice..Hope you don't mind if I maybe "Borrow" some of your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be my pleasure if you "Borrowed" some of my ideas, It's only fair since i get some of my inspiration from your awesome work.

    ReplyDelete