Thursday, July 29, 2010

Calico Kate

Just Finished up Calico Kate.
I went with some different colors than i'm use to especially the pinks and purples. Painting the blues felt like cheating honestly. I primed the mech black which is different than what i'm use to, it's been a long time since I actually primed a figure a color other than white. Kate herself was primed in white so I could get the brilliant pink colors on her suit.
A lot of custom pinning was done to get the mech in this pose as some of you know this mech comes in a standing pose and I really wanted it to resemble the original art work. So my Boyfriend was kind enough to pin it all in this pose for me. Cause seriously I just stared at it blankly while trying to figure out how I was going to pin it. But he is a pro and had it done in no time.
The bases also have custom wood planks that were all sculpted in green stuff. Since she is a pirate she is running along a deck of a ship before she messes it up.
Anyways this was a ton of fun to paint, it's also a beautiful model and well worth the price especially if you love painting to paint. I find it quite relaxing after a hard day of work.
And of course after taking these pictures I've already spotted areas I need to touch up.

Next up is something small from soda pop Ayu Beat








7 comments:

  1. You are ASTONISHINGLY talented. I don't know why I continue to be amazed since I already know this, but... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur. This is so brilliantly done! and cute too! It looks like a fun figure for those 'I must paint that' moments.

    Can't wait to see more of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Nice little kit. How was it painting a model black for once? :) I love the shading on the bombs, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RC it was nice painting on a black base, actually it really did feel like cheating since i was working in all dark colors anyways. It was a lot less work over all including less touch ups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! And the wooden ship floor on the bases totally rocks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great! how did it feel to paint a fun model instead of all those fiery religious zealots?

    ReplyDelete