So after my first serious fail of trying to make a base for the flower knight (it looked like a Tennis Ball on LSD and Dr Seuss and not in a good way). It went straight into the trash can.
I decided to go for something a bit more somber so I came up with this. So far I'm pretty happy with it.
I find I tend to make bases larger than they need to be (or compared to other painters) as I want to convey a larger story or at portray a scene on a larger scale. Granted i'm not very good at it yet. Thankfully I got some awesome feedback from my boyfriend which has put me in the right direction. Hopefully this one will be a "level taker" for me.
I haven't had a lot of free time recently due to the holidays and trying to keep up with my business. But I do try to take an hour out of my day here and there to get some painting done as it helps me relax.
Here are a few Work in progress pictures of my Flower Knight i did have some troubles with the colors as I didn't have enough different greens to do what i wanted so i've added in some browns, yellows and oranges. I think they are working out well so far. I'm of course struggling with the colors on the sword but I have a feeling I'll get it after some more blending and noodling with it. Tonight just might be the night for it.
Also If you are still paying attention here is a little preview pic of what my boyfriend has been putting together for me to paint. I'm sure some of you will recognize the base piece. Start drooling now because it's going to be made of awesome by the time i'm done with it.